Surprisingly, many businesses in Malaysia and other South-East Asian countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand etc have not made use of the Google My Business (GMB) tool.
GMB is one of the easiest ways to show your business on online searches and maps.
Let me explain what Google My Business is!
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.
When someone searches for your business name as depicted in the screenshot, GMB will show your company information along with your address, opening hours and a contact number straight away, as well as a summary of reviews. It presents images and a link to getting directions to your location.
Let's see what makes GMB so powerful?
The benefits of the listing are likely to make up for any loss of web traffic.
Business GMB listings will appear in local searches on a business type basis.
Make It Easier For Customers To Find You Through Google My Business (GMB), Today
Local searches leads 50% of mobile users to visit stores within one day
The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month, with 84% of these discovery searches
5% of Google My Business listing views result in a website click, call or direction request
Google My Business marketing site saw a nearly 2X increase in organic traffic
96% of GMB listings are viewed at least 25 times per month with 49% of listings receiving over 1000 searches per month
Google My Business listings are very near the top of every search result that involves a place name
Google Search usability and market share is 98% in Malaysia. So it is important to optimize on this by adding your business information into GMB.
More Google Business Key Findings
- The Google My Business Insights Study explores 45,000 anonymous listings across 36 industries to help local businesses benchmark their insights against the wider industry.
- The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month, with 84% of these coming from discovery searches.
- 49% of businesses receive more than 1,000 views on Search per month.
- Car dealerships receive the highest number of calls and website visits from GMB, while hotels have the highest views on Search and Maps.
- 5% of Google My Business listing views result in a website click, call, or direction request.
- Local businesses have a median of 11 photos on Google My Business.
- Between Q4 of 2017 and Q4 of 2018, direct searches grew by 38%, while website clicks from GMB listings grew 29%.
Setting up your Google My Business.
Please follow the steps below to setup your GMB.
To add, or to claim your GMB listing, follow these steps:
- Login or Register on your Google Account
- Open Google My Business and Click Start Now on the top right corner.
- Enter the name of your business and click Next.
- Choose whether you want your location to be visible on Google Maps before entering your business address.
- List your business type.
- Enter the contact details (phone number, website URL etc) that you want customers to use.
- Finish and verify your listing.
If you would need any assistance, please contact our digital marketing support team at
W3Rider Global SDN BHD – send an email to [email protected]
along with your company name, address, website URL and other business profiles (if you have) to register and optimize the GMB.